Abrasive Wheels Training, The provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (Regulation 9) requires that any person using a piece of work equipment that presents a significant risk to the user must be trained, and that the training covers not only the use but also any hazards arising from the use, and the precautions to be observed. This course provides trainees with the knowledge and skills to enable them to use abrasive wheels safely including all aspects of the mounting, setting and use of abrasive wheels.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Identify the hazards associated working with Abrasive Wheels
- Evaluate the causes of Abrasive Wheels accidents
- Selecting & mounting
- Guarding of the grinding / cutting machines
- Dressing & turning the wheel